Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm Renault through and through, but mum has only ever had Citroens and Peugeots. Until now.

Picked up this bargain the other day, and it quickly won a huge fan in my mum after a quick drive. After six years the 206 is going :d

A 2002 Renault Scénic 1.6 Auto. Dynamique+

It's driving beautifully, has a great spec and still smells like new. I know how iffy Renault auto boxes can be but I haven't heard of any horror stories with the Scénic...

It's going in on monday for cambelt and alternator belt changes. Service history is a bit patchy so I don't want to risk it.

I've noticed four issues, two taken care of today thanks to this website.
  • Boot button falling out *Fixed*
  • Twice it has failed to start first time. TDC Sensor?
  • Radio/Time display not lighting up *Fixed*
  • One remote key has lost sync with the car.

Any advice greatly appreciated, I'm really hoping the TDC sensor is at fault, and I'm very sure it is. Car starts almost instantly every other time.

Also, any other 1.6 Auto. Scénic owners here? Trip computer is saying 28.3 MPG. Sound right?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Looks good MD!! and I hope it behaves itself for your mum! :d

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Ha ha ha!!! Mums have a way of remembering things like that and bringing them up as often as possible!! :p:d

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you :d

£800! Getting the timing belt and alternator belt replaced as there is no mention of it in the service history. Will have it back tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

O

·
0 Posts
Wow, is a high miler or something? There has to be a catch somewhere...
If not, you did well there.:toast:

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

car looks good and £800 is a bargain. What is the mileage and any catch. When you get the cambelt changed I would recommended also fitting a new water pump as well.

Harry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts