Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a Renault megane V reg 16v which is leaking coolant on my drive. I noticed the drips from the edge of the protective guard underneath the engine. Using a lead light I managed to locate coolant running down just left of the oil filter There is so much clutter around there it is difficult so see exactly where the leak is. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and if it is a common leak point.

Many thanks

R

·
0 Posts
It may well be coming from where the coolant hose connects to the back of the water pump thats to the left of the oil filter. Though there are also core plugs in the cylinder block.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the long black metal bar that runs along the front of the engine? If so,what is it called so I can replace it.

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
the one that's about 1½" or so in diameter thats what draws the coolant from the bottom of the radiator to the water pump not sure what you would call it ? water pump feed pipe?

What engine size is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for your help.

It's a 1.6 16v, the leak isn't that bad worse when I stop the engine. Can't see in there to see if it's a cracked pipe or just the seal maybe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts