Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a strange one that at present doesn't present me any problems but invite any relevant input. The heater on my wife's PH.1 Clio 1.2 RN wasn't too good when we bought it several months ago, anyway back-flushed and all was good.....for a while, until once again isn't too warm. The curious thing is though, firstly, I've never heard the fan running (as the temp.has never reached that point) and tested it just to make sure (it was OK!), and, secondly the pressure in the expansion tank is never high and the cap can be released after running without the usual output of steam/ water. Noticed a small hissing today from the cap which looks like the weak point...but, my point is- is this a problem ? If the engine's staying cool enough (even at idle) and coolant level shows no significant loss....and could it be part of the heater problem also?

Forgot to mention... the thermostat was replaced and the engine temp. reaches half-way point within a few miles !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Usually if the heaters aren't too great then it would mean that there is an airlock somewhere in the system. Of course it could also mean that there is a blockage in the heater matrix or it's just cacked up. If you haven't already done this then bleed the cooling system and see if that makes any difference, I would also change the expansion cap if it's losing pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts