Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My traffic van failed to start and all circuits were dead. The recovery vehicle tested the battery and found it to be good but couldn't trace the fault. I have since found a blown 60A fuse in poistion3 in the engine bay fuse box and also what looks like a thick ground cable waving loose in the lower area of the engine bay. I did replace the fuse and everything was still dead. Could this cable lug have corroded and come away from its mount and would this be the cause of the van having no life? Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
45 Posts
Main earth is from end of gearbox to n/s/f inner wing/chassis leg. These do snap. You can use a set of jump leads to test the earths. Connect one from engine to bodywork and the other from bodywork to battery. This should help with an earth issue. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I reconnected the ground cable and the fuse but the whole system is still lifeless. Managed to trace the problem to a break of some sort in the live between the battery fuse and the main fuse board but rather tricky to access the cables for inspection and or replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts