Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me how much a rear brake disc would be for a renault scenic 2000 and does the brake disc have to be specific to the model or will another type do,

thanks

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

If you click on the link below and type in your vehicle details you will get an idea of the cost of the brake discs for your car.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

And also, yes you do need a pair of discs (dont just replace the one brake disc or your asking for trouble) specific to your model, well more particularly the engine size as some models with bigger / more powerful engines have bigger brake discs to compensate. Its also probably wise to factor in a pair of brake pads too as these should ideally be changed when changing brake discs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looking at some of the prices and on other sites too it seems my local renault gararge is trying to completley rip me off,

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Taking a quick look at the site probably about £78 for a pair of rear discs and jusy shy of £25 for a pair of brake pads.

The rear discs are so expensive as they have an abs sensor in too and maybe a wheel bearing too. :crazy:

If you put your reg number into the site it will get a set matched to your car though.

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Just looking at some of the prices and on other sites too it seems my local renault gararge is trying to completley rip me off,
Dont forget that doesnt include fitting. Probably approx 2 hours labour to fit that lot, which should be £90 @ £45 p/h (local independant garage labour prices).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes its the rear im looking for,they say i need one cause the bearing have gone,there is one there
that says snr brake disc rear 78 sterling, does that sound about right

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
That does seem very steep to me too, unless the price is from a Renault main dealer / agent, which I wouldnt be suprised at. That works out at approx £415 for a set of brake dics and pads fitted. :crazy:

I'd go somewhere else and seek a second opinion. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a renault dealer who tried to charge 470,i told them no way, ive since had the job done else where for 168, a good 300 euro cheaper,

it was an absolute disgrace of renault to try to charge me that,ill be emailing them to let them know.robbing hard working people of there money thye shoul be ashamed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts