Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Don't shoot me down if this is has been hacked around before but......

Following a steady stream of "Ta very much" posts I've received over the last 6 months or so, could I suggest, (without making it compulsory), that people donate a few quid to the upkeep of the site as a "thank you".

I'm happy to put up "How To's" as and when I tackle a job on the Renault and don't want anything for it.....but if someone pops into the site / finds an article relating to their problem / tries it / it works for them / saves them a packet (probably?).....

....it strikes me as a reasonable gesture of appreciation if (say) they tossed a voluntary 'tenner' in the direction of the Forum.

As I said at the start - not compulsory - and sorry if you've been down this road before.

:)

Spirochete

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Having read your posts and guided many members to one of your excellent threads I agree you have helped save our members £££££££'s

We are looking at possibly having a subscription in place for forum "extras" such as the arcade,PM's etc but it was generally agreed to keep the general forum free and open to all members.

I hope that if a member has saved a packet thanks to any advice he/she has recieved that they would consider paying a nominal sum towards the forums upkeep by way of a subscription. However I feel that to be honest most will not:(

To see the thread on subsriptions look here http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/feedback/16034-subscriptions.html?highlight=subscriptions

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are probably right.....in my experience subscription forums turn people 'off' instantly.

Some of the others I belong to DO attract donations - voluntary - because people like and value the site(s) they are part of.

I think :)crazy: ) where my thoughts were coming from was a position of catching a member in an up-beat mood when they've just sorted an annoying problem - primarily as a result of coming here.

Under those circumstances I feel - (perhaps naively) - that the presence of a 'Donate a few Quid' button might get it pressed from time to time.....

Just a thought......

;)

Spiro'

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Under those circumstances I feel - (perhaps naively) - that the presence of a 'Donate a few Quid' button might get it pressed from time to time....

Spiro'
In the past there was a donate button and although I don't know the excact figures the donations were few and far between:( .

In my own opinion this site has saved me a small fortune and I am only too happy to give something to show my appreciation and help this site continue to help members in need.

Unfortunately I am in the minority but we live in hope:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts