Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coupe console fuse?

Hello, this is my first time on this forum.

I'm having problems with Battery drain, I have just bought myself a new battery as the old one kept going flat, I've tested the current with the engine off and doors shut.

With all fuses in the current drain is just over 1.5Amps, with coupe conso fuse out it drops to about 0.2Amps. does anyone have any idea what this fuse does?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: coupe conso fuse?

Sorry I forgot to mention I have a Renault Grand Scenic 1.9Dci.

I have just realised I also put it in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll have a look into that, everything else on the car appears to be working but the radio will not accept the code, maybe that is why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly the same problem battery drains although I just bought a new battery. Weirdly (or not) the readings are the same 1.50 Ah with the coupe conso fuse in and 0.2 with the fuse out. I have a 1.9Dci 2004 Renault Grand Scenic. Have anyone had similar problems and managed to figure out what the problem was? If yes, can you please help me where to look, what to do...

One more thing. With the coupe conso fuse in the trip computer and dashboard clock randomly resets.

Any help would be much appreciated.

gettingmad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello,

Unfortunately I still have the fault on my car, I resorted to taking the fuse out and leaving it out. The car runs OK but the radio requires the code every time I start up and the clock resets. It's not ideal but I can't afford right now to get it looked at properly.

I hope one of us is able to find out at some point, I'll let you know if I ever find the fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My scenic 2 (2006) has the same problem, but when I take the fuse out to avoid a battery drain, I loose all the instruments in addition to the clock/radio. Have also found that by unpluging the plug above the instrument panel (need to remove the covers) I can avoid the battery drain.

Would also appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still have the symptoms, but I think I managed to find out what causing it: the instrument panel itself. Unfortunately in 2004-2006 Scenic and Grand Scenic the instrument panel is a general problem, a very very high number having problems with it, it was even featured in BBC Watchdog. Renault therefore promised that for £100 changes the panel to a new one. Some people reported loosing the instrument panel completely, others loosing it partially, again others get awkward messages (tire pressure sensor fault, when they don't even have tire pressure sensor... I GOT That), while the unfortunates like us have a power sucking short in the circuit board of the instrument panel affecting nothing else.
It looks as we have to contact a "good" Renault dealer and fork out the £100 for the new panel.
However I am reluctant to change it, the mileage will be set to 0.00Mi with a Renault document certifying the swap and the new panel have an annoying feature above 75Mi/h starts to beep regularly and since I am driving nearly 5000 miles on the continent I will start to get mad (Pun not intended...).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts