Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Just seen the plastic fog light housing on my Renault Megane mk III has broken, a stone must have hit it.
I’ve bought the replacement light and housings off eBay for the garage as I had some other work doing to it.

They’ve quoted me £130 to replace both fog lights.
Anyone had any experience with replacing fog light housings? Does this sound reasonable? Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
sounds like 2hrs labour costs? would take me about 4 hours at home

do it yourself if you think its so easy?

·
Registered
260 Posts
To replace those, the job will take no more than 2 hours at the most. Wheel arch liners out, remove the fender to bumper bracket bolts. Under the car, 4 torx or 10ml bolts holding the underside of the bumper and 2 little ones hidden which hold your condenser cover in place. Remove the torx bolts holding the top bumper cover, should be around 4 to 8 bolts depending on the car. Carefully pry either side of the bumper outwards, you should feel it release from it's alignment clips. Then lift the top cover and the bumper should fall into your hands. Be very careful here, keep the bumper close to the crash bar as you will have a 1 or 2 connectors to release before fully removing your bumper.

Once it's off the car, the fog surrounds should be held in by 3-4 bolts. Remove the connectors from each of the old fog lights. Hook the connectors up to your new fogs, once installed.

Fit everything back in reverse minus the wheel arch liners, also remember to connect everything back up while reassembling.

Once you have the car back together, mines the wheel arch liners. Ignition on, turn the fogs on and adjust the movement plastic screw, to get your beam patterns correct.

Jobs a good'n

1 - 3 of 3 Posts