Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the cruise control on my 2003 laguna. Sometimes while it is set it will drop out and sometimes it wont comes on at all when the switch on the dash is pressed.

I have established that by tapping the brake pedal it will kick back in to life. I have had a look on dialogys and it appears that there is only one switch on the brake pedal. Does this control the cruise control AND the back brake lights?

Cheers

huw

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi if i hit the brake Pedal on my cruise control it will deactivate the cruise and then i will need to press the button again on the steering wheel to reactivate it and if you are under a certain speed it will not work at all i hope this helps a little Donald

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi
I know there are certain condition where it wont work. However, I am having problem where it is cutting out while cruising at 60 or the light on the dash not coming on at all when the dash switch is pushed. IF i then tap the brake pedal several times repeatedly it will eventually kick in to life. I've only had the car two week but up untill last night its been working perfectly.

I'm guessing this is gonna be a dodgy brake pedal switch but im not sure if there is only one or two switches?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I thought there were two separate switches, but I suppose it could be two switches in a single housing. It sounds like the brake switch isn't operating correctly when the brake pedal returns to the top postion, and jiggling the pedal about sometimes sorts it.

Out of interest, have you checked that the brake lights are working correctly? If it is a single switch and the cruise is just driven from the brake light feed, then you'll probably find that the brake lights are staying on for most of the time.

In which case, get it fixed before your car starts thinking it's a Ford Fiesta :p

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought there were two separate switches, but I suppose it could be two switches in a single housing. It sounds like the brake switch isn't operating correctly when the brake pedal returns to the top postion, and jiggling the pedal about sometimes sorts it.

Out of interest, have you checked that the brake lights are working correctly? If it is a single switch and the cruise is just driven from the brake light feed, then you'll probably find that the brake lights are staying on for most of the time.

In which case, get it fixed before your car starts thinking it's a Ford Fiesta :p
I should go check the brake lights :p Iwent to my local dealer, had a look at dialogys. It showed two switches on the clutch pedal and one on the brake. Unless one of the ones on the clutch is linked to the brake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts