Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm unsure if my 2006 Dci Initiale has curtain airbags, it's go them at the rear behind headrests but I can see any along the roof lining or by the seat belt holder thingy! I'm guessing to have curtain airbags it'd need to have them along roof?

I've heard tho that all 5 star ncap lagunas have curtain airbags, hence 5 stars

I'm confused!!

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
My 2001 Lag II had a total of 8 air bags two of which were the curtain type. Each had their distinctive markings as required by EU legislation. Yours being a later model may even have more.

Look carefully along the trim around the edges of the roof lining.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a good look and all I can see in the driver an passenger airbag, side airbags in the front seats and 2 at the rear behind the headrests, so 6 in total. I'm surprised if it's only got 6 considering your 01 plate had 8, an this is the Initiale spec after all! Besides like I said I thought to have 5 star ncap it had to have curtain airbags??

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
On my Lag II the side curtain air-bag markings where embossed into the trim that ran along the top of the doors and I have to admit they took a bit of finding as thay were the same cream colour as the trim.

As I know longer own the car I cannot post up a pic but hopefully another member of the forum may be able to assist.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in my friends car when he crashed that. Although it was a twingo sport so not what u have it might be the same that they came out of the side of the seats. Hopefully you will never need them though because I had a dead arm from them for days b

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.