Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads n' Lasses,

This is my first posting on this forum.
I've got a 2002 clio 1.5dci (65hp) extreme, and I'm having trouble with it cutting out. I get a lot of chugging infrequently, but it also cuts out without any chugging or coughing even under high loads (has happened driving 95mph!)
I have changed the fuel filter and cleaned the exhaust gas recirc valve & pipe, which seemed to help a little, but it's worse than ever now.

Does anybody have any clue what I can try next, I'm beginning to loose my temper!!:steam:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does it do this even on tick over. My wife used to have a DCI clio and we had a problem with build up of sludge in fuel tank. There's another filter on the pick up pipe to the fuel line in the fuel tank. I noticed when it was ticking over if you looked at the self prime pump by the fuel filter in the engine bay it sucked itself in when the engine was coughing. Maybe worth a look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.
I'll give the other fuel filter a check, and see what i can find.
The glow plugs are as old as the car i think, unless they are changed during the service intervals (i can;t find the service history at the minute though!)
I've just been out the Renault dealers today and asked for some advice from the mechanic. I replaced the fuel pump relay as it was corroded, hoping that the connection was bad causing the pump to cut in and out, but alas no change. I'm going to pull the EGR valve apart tomorrow morning and see what i get!
Any more tips would be gratefully received!!
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts