Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I am in need of some advice, please. The parts in the attached photo were found in the sump of a Laguna 2.2 DCI (2006). They are small steel tubes, about 3mm OD, swaged at one end, and they look as though they have been crushed and broken off at the non-swaged end.
Can anyone advise me what they are, where they should be, how they might have been broken, and whether I need to worry!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Look very much like piston oil jets - one for each cylinder. They spray engine lube oil onto the bottom of the pistons when they are at the bottom of their stroke. Have a look up inside the crankcase - there should be the remainder of their bolt on flanges held in place by small bolts.

It looks like they have been hit by something to cause that amount of damage.

As a matter of interest has the engine suffered any other damage?:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have had the sump removed again and new oil jet pipes fitted. No other damage was seen. We do not know the service history fully - the bills do not show any engine work involving removal of the sump. I can only assume someone removed it and damaged the pipes when refitting it. I hope the new pipes have been fitted in time to avoid piston damage due to overheating.
Thanks for your help in identifying the pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.