Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
It doesn't mean the charge is good I'm afraid. Is the Stop-Start working OK? This will turn off if battery is low. I would give it a good charge and see if the faults disappear. These faults are nothing to do with the rad issues, but a low voltage can play havoc with the sensor inputs. If a good charge doesn't help, then it's back to the dealer again I'm afraid.
My captur produced the same faults when my fuel rail blew and lost pressure. The car ran in limp mode, but the dashboard had every fault appear. I don't know why this is, but it's definitely the way both my cars operate. My Clio MK4 did the same over a bloody TPMS sensor fault. As soon as the faulty part is changed. All the faults dissappear.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,087 Posts
My captur produced the same faults when my fuel rail blew and lost pressure. The car ran in limp mode, but the dashboard had every fault appear. I don't know why this is, but it's definitely the way both my cars operate. My Clio MK4 did the same over a bloody TPMS sensor fault. As soon as the faulty part is changed. All the faults dissappear.
Some sensors "daisy chain" from the ECU, sharing a common supply, typically 5v.
If one fails or shorts out, it can drag the rest down.... christmas tree lights across dashboard is the result.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Some sensors "daisy chain" from the ECU, sharing a common supply, typically 5v.
If one fails or shorts out, it can drag the rest down.... christmas tree lights across dashboard is the result.
So this could happen when the radiator was getting fixed today.?? Maybe a sensor disconnected somewhere?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,087 Posts
So this could happen when the radiator was getting fixed today.?? Maybe a sensor disconnected somewhere?
Yes but if I suggested any would be a guess.
Having said that, AC pressure switch is a common one that would cause that on a few cars and that is in the area???

Can your mech run a diagnostic that talks Renault, it may be easiest way to find out.... but don't guess at sensors.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts