Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got myself a shiny new Clio V and am attempting to fit a Nextbase dash cam, can any one help with the following?

1, Is there any detailed diagrams of the internal fuse box, it appears to be the biggest kept secret, I've yet to find one that gives the details required, I need a constant live fuse position as the cam monitors any movement of the car.

2, I've had a look but can't find a earthing point close to the fuse box any hints?

Any help most welcome.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,912 Posts
Radio...will always have a permanent live to hold memory.
I'd be starting with the fuse for that.
A voltmeter would also help identify fuses that are live with ignition off.

Earth....if nothing else, find a bit of metal, clean paint off, screw in a self tapper.

Can't help with detailed diagram, AFAIK, only in Renault Workshop manuals

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the radio fuse idea sounds good just need to locate it now, I did try a voltmeter but I think the terminal ends were not making contact with the fuse holder, with regards to earthing I'll have to have another look, it all seemed a bit cramped near the fuse box, but thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the radio fuse idea sounds good just need to locate it now, I did try a voltmeter but I think the terminal ends were not making contact with the fuse holder, with regards to earthing I'll have to have another look, it all seemed a bit cramped near the fuse box, but thanks again for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts