Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post!!

I have recently opted out of my company car scheme and found myself a lovely demo Laguna, a 2.0dCi Privilage in Silver with quite a few extra's including the 17" alloys. I got a very good deal IMO.

I love the car so far, the engine is great and the ride whilst firm on the low-profile tyres is comfortable enough for my 500+ mile weeks.

However a small problem had occured; There is a creak that seems to be coming from around the dashtop display (the one showing hi-fi info and temp). I've tried Silicone spray which did nothing. I then tried the old vaseline trick which has helped abit. I think its coming from within the dash above the air-vents in you can picture that?!? I managed to get some silicone spray down the top of the vent but with little success.

If I press down just infront on the display it does stop. So, anybody any ideas how to proceed?? I would love to stop this and be 100% happy.

Mant thanks

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Hi, as Ottoman said, take it back to the dealer...you dont want to start messing around with a new vehicle albeit a demonstrator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. The dealer is the obvious answer but I cant afford to lose the car for a day and I know they wont offer me a courtesy car for this. If theres not a simple fix, and I suspect there isnt I'll have to wait for the next service........only 11k to go!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yeah I presumed that was why you had not returned the car for the service departments attention .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I managed another liberal dose of silicone spray down the back of the centre air vents and this does seem to have helped, at least I now know what to say to the garage!

I suppose its to be expected, the ride is quite 'sharp' at time, Im putting this down to the tyres on the 17" alloys, when it comes to tyre change I think I'll try a softer compound with a slightly larger wall size. By the way, the handbook says 39psi for the front tyres, thats alot isnt it??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts