Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys new member please go easy on me :)

sorry if this has been covered already but i couldnt find it if it has.

right i have a renault clio 1.5dci 2002 with 77k on the clock.

car will turn over but will not start, however if it is given the lightest push it will start and run fine within the length of herself, tried allsorts of things cleaning sensors etc, when hooked up to the diagnostic it throws up error....

DF137 RAIL PRESSURE REGUALTION FUNCTION,
PRESSURE >MAXIMUM

anyone any ideas :) all help appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
THe ECU will not let the injectors inject fuel if it detects low pressure in the fuel rail.
Sounds very much like a fuel pressure problem whereby the fuel pump can't generate sufficient pressure to allow the injectors to fire during cranking but with that little extra speed during a bump start raises the pressure just enough to allow starting.

There could be numerous reasons such anything from air in the fuel line to a failed high pressure fuel pump.

Check the fuel filter for signs of metal partcicles if only to rule out the possibility of pump failure.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good, had a guy have a quick look and he said there was some air in the system he bled it and was still the same he said possibly that its the fuel regulator would this sound right?

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Could be a faulty fuel regulator or even a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor. A leaking fuel injector can also cause the same symptoms.

But before replacing any parts check the fuel filter as previously advised.:)

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Hi,
Total shot in the dark here, but what about your battery?
As far as i know, In VAGs the injection does start to inject until the engine reaches a certain rpm when turning over, a worn battery wont reach that but it still sounds as if its turning over fast enough but wont start. Maybe the 1.5 dci is the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.