Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

can anyone tell me how to deactivate the warning alarm sound when the driver's seat belt is not plugged in? In other cars there often seems to be a magic sequence of events to follow like buckling and unbuckling 20 times in a minute or something. Is there any system such as this, or do I have to resort to physical means? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
What car do you drive?

In the Megane there is a microswitch within the seat belt buckle - just bend the arm too far away so that it doesn't make contact & the buzzer will never sound again. There is a separate switch for the indicator light so you'll still get that.

The buzzer is a safety feature - it reminds you you haven't fastened your seatbelt. I know it can be annoying if you are just driving car of the drive etc but it is there for a reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just bought a 6 month old Scenic. I posted in the Scenic forum and didn't think to mention the make of car, sorry. I was thinking that if I tampered with some detection device then it might end up deactivating the airbag if the seatbelt was in use perhaps.

The buzzer isn't a safety feature, putting the seatbelt on is a safety feature. The buzzer is just an annoyance.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I take it you don't want to wear the seatbelt, but can't think of any reason why would you not want to wear your seatbelt ?

The easiest way to quieten the thing down is to wear it :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I take it you don't want to wear the seatbelt, but can't think of any reason why would you not want to wear your seatbelt ?

Yes I agree with Gonescenile, Why would you not wear a seatbelt, thus putting yourself and other roadusers at risk ?

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts

couldn't agree more, I don't see it as a problem

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Just wondered why you would want to

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wondered why you would want to
I've managed to drive 20 years without failing to notice whether I have a seat belt on or not. If a 5 year old child was driving the car then perhaps I could understand the need for it. However, I'm sure there are a million places more suitable to discuss the motives of writing "warning, may be hot" on a cup of coffee, etc. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to disable the audible alarm, I'd be grateful to hear it.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
MMM Touchy .... You have been given an option on how to deactivate the buzzer by Sports tourer.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
You could visit your Renault dealer and ask them to deactivate the system, But as I am sure you are aware most none mechanical systems on Renault's are interlinked thus disabling one will disable something else, Obviously there is a reason for this.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could visit your Renault dealer and ask them to deactivate the system, But as I am sure you are aware most none mechanical systems on Renault's are interlinked thus disabling one will disable something else, Obviously there is a reason for this.
I know very little about Renaults, this is the first one I've had. The amount of automation in the car is scary. A couple of times I've pulled the keycard out and tried to switch the engine off and it wouldn't let me. What's the point in that?

I'll give the dealer a call too. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Seatbelt alarm

Maybe Ren is pregnant and has an exemption note from his doctor. :rofl: The reason you can't stop the engine when you take the keycard out is a very obvious one - maybe you just need a bit of toime to think it out.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Iam not completly sure without trying again, but i think my audible alarm for the seat belt does stop after a certain time limit but the visual alarm stays on. I noticed this when i took my seat belt of whilst driving through the drive through at macdonals, (couln't get money out of me trouser pocket).

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
In the Scenic it just gets louder, like it's getting more annoyed with you :rolleyes:

I suppose if you're absolutely determined not to "wear" the belt, you could always run it round the back of the seat and plug it into the stalk.
I just hope I don't happen upon the accident aftermath ;)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
In the Scenic it just gets louder, like it's getting more annoyed with you :rolleyes:

I suppose if you're absolutely determined not to "wear" the belt, you could always run it round the back of the seat and plug it into the stalk.
I just hope I don't happen upon the accident aftermath ;)

Yeah it sounds real pi$$ed off at you then goes in the huff after 12 minutes or so, .....

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Disabling safety device

I would like to express a personal opinion on the matter of jen wanting to disarm the seatbelt warning device. It appears he/she is determined to have his/her own way on the matter. In this situation I don't feel this forum should be used to aid a person to disable what after all is a safety device and as far as I can see he/she hasn't given what appears to be a valid reason despit being asked to do so. I for one will not be giving him'her any more of my advice - full stop.:steam:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts