Independent Renault Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,217 Posts
yep he's doomed

"Sorry" seems to be the hardest word. Unless you're Chinese, then it's "squirrel"....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
As I've said before, you can thank Mr. John Cleese and the gang for that. Gooooodniiighta-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding

And now for something completely different, talking about small critters who ****, poop and are capable of costing you hundreds and thousands of euros, today I've become a dad to two wrinkly, grumpy old men. Some say they're babies, actually, but I'm not entirely convinced.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,217 Posts
Congratulations , Hope their mum is ok,

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,624 Posts
Congratulations mate.
Trust mum and little ones are well.

You do realise that your problems are only just starting.
My oldest is 28, my youngest 20.
They still cause me grief, expect me to run after them clearing up their mess and run Dad's Taxi at the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks! All 3 are perfectly fine and all went fairly smooth from the start.

Oh yes, I am aware of that. As we say here - little kids, little worries - big kids, big worries.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,905 Posts
As I've said before, you can thank Mr. John Cleese and the gang for that. Gooooodniiighta-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding

And now for something completely different, talking about small critters who ****, poop and are capable of costing you hundreds and thousands of euros, today I've become a dad to two wrinkly, grumpy old men. Some say they're babies, actually, but I'm not entirely convinced.
We have one or more of them critters on here! one of em is called Phil

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Would anyone happen to know approx. tightening torque for front seat bolts? I've hand tightened them as much as I could with a fairly small ratchet (bigger one I have couldn't fit in all places) so now I found my seat squeaking under me in sharper bends. LH bends are worse. Passenger seat seems to be ok.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,624 Posts
Would anyone happen to know approx. tightening torque for front seat bolts?
M6 or M8 bolts I suspect?
Not a lot is the answer but perhaps more then you gave.
Nothing trapped under the runners so even though bolts are tights something can rock?
Give them another pinch.
Spanner size is always a useful rule of thumb, they are differing lengths so that the average guy (whatever that is) has the leverage to apply the right sort of torque with a good pull.
Places like this give typical torques for differing sizes and grades.... I tend to work on one grunt or two.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts