Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just wanted to share my news, my 2003 Clio 1.5 dci inital has died....

Starting problems followed by a trip to dealer followed by ' we have found metal particles ' and a few weeks on nothing nada wont start. so I will be phoning round to try and get a descent scrap value for it,

Damed car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clio off to the scrap yard??

Hi everyone just wanted to share my news, my 2003 Clio 1.5 dci inital has died....

Starting problems followed by a trip to dealer followed by ' we have found metal particles ' and a few weeks on nothing nada wont start. so I will be phoning round to try and get a descent scrap value for it, unless anyone has a better idea?? :confused:

Damed car.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Re: Clio off to the scrap yard??

Where were the metal fragments located?

Either way they cause disastrous repair costs.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
if it's in the fuel filter then surely it's doing it's job?

sounds like the fuel pump has died, if you can find out if the filter is after the pump or before it, if it's before it you should just be able to replace the pump.

if you scrap it, it might be worth taking the turbo off and sellign it seperatley

i'd say youd get about £150-200 for a clio scrap weight, could ebay it as a non runner?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where is it located? What colour, condition, milage etc? I will need a car for my daughter soon and could spend the time fixing it up.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
The metal particles in the fuel filter are a sign the internals of the high pressure fuel pump have failed.

Renault charge around the £3000 mark for a full repair. A decent indpendent should be able to do the job for around £1200.

Once the metal aprticles get into the fuel system the complete fuel system including the tank and fuel lines have to be flushed. The tank has to be removed for flushing.
The injectors and fuel pump will have to be replaced plus possibly the fuel rail and its sensors.

So if attempting the job yourself allow for the cost of replacing the injectors and pump plus programming of injectors, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I had same problem with my clio a few monhs back, only had it a month :( but anyway i bought a electric pump off ebay for the car, if you get a decent mechanic to do it, well my brother stuck it in for me, but it connects to the battery and once ignition is turned on the pump pumps the diesel up, he had to put on return valves etc so the diesel wont run back, but car has been going great since. :d

Heres the link to the pump i bought on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-electric-fuel-pump-universal-fittings-8mm-hose-tails-diesel-petrol-/280758053571?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Construction_Tools_ET&hash=item415e7beac3

Hope it helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts