Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you tried the native MediaNav low cost model only audio-video? Have all features AA, CP, SIRI but without navigation.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you tried the native MediaNav low cost model only audio-video? Have all features AA, CP, SIRI but without navigation.

Interesting... where is it sold?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Usually at Renault dealers.
I had me too few for a while. If I get info about some like these I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,039 Posts
Plenty of Android chinese head units around, with everything you can think of. A few users on the Captur forums have fitted them.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,039 Posts
This one
not very active though. This one is more fun if you have a thick skin and don't mind the jokes and occasional insults.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one
not very active though. This one is more fun if you have a thick skin and don't mind the jokes and occasional insults.
I'm having a long discussion with the Chinese vendor, so bring it on guys - nothing can get to me after that experience 😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
52 Posts
Everyone is free to try every aftermarket unit, but speaking from my own experience with this gadgets, everything looks nice at comercials and at first look.
When you get it and begin test you start see bugs in SW.
After that, no support for upgrades or debug.
And not in last, about reliability you will realise soon. The rate of using of one unit aftermarket is 1 - 2 years and when falls is the end. Buy other.
Series products in automotive is trying giving longevity for their products and try improve.
As example MediaNav and not only, begin around 2014 and still running. The one from 2016 until now, NO ONE fail working from it's own.
Anyway, go try if you like and give us feedback time to time about your feelings and how is working.
I would like to realy mistake about my toughts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually the dealers will not sell it because that mean to sell cheaper cars in future without these systems integrated.
Someone told me that in a new car to have a multiview camera system which integrates automatically a new generation of MediaNav also, it arrives at around 3000 Euro.
To configure the car only to have navigation instead radio will increase car price with around 1000 Euro.
So, do I need to say more why not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts