Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Re: Defect camshaf sensor scenic II 04

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I don't belive that the well known battery drain problems on the Scenic II are down to the cam shaft sensor ? But the dephaser solenoid valve which doesn't always get the supply turned of to it when the ignition is turned off. It's cured by an ECU software update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello "Recycled Scenic" thank you for your welcome :d

I just had the mentioned problems, and yes the solenoid valve supply didn't turn off,
due to the the ECU didn't get signal from the sensor to shut down.
As soon as i had replaced the sensor everything was ok.

I used this site for my trouble shooting, i had the problem for about 2 weeks and the car has now been ok for 4.
In respect for that, i posted this photos and how i did.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/album.php?albumid=504

G

·
I assume yours is the 1.6 K4M engine?

Are the cam shaft sensor and dephaser solenoid valve functions are related?

Does the battery drain problem only occur in the Scenic II 1.6 ?

VVT and the has been used in engines prior to the Scenic II and not had cam shaft sensors the 2.0 F4R fitted in the Scenic II doesn't have a cam shaft sensor or so I'm told by another member who owns one. Though I don't know wether this model suffers the battery drain problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it´s a 1.6 K4M engine

It was the *"Variable valve timing solenoid" wich was kept energised, a solenoide only fitted to 1.6 liter engines (see picture)

* According to Haynes

Attachments

G

·
Yes that's right only fitted to the later 1.6 K4M. Never fitted to the 1.4 K4J which is identical. it's only the stroke thats shorter.

the 1.6 with VVT has a depaser solenoid and a cam shaft sensor fitted. So it was the VVT solenoid you changed?

VVT was fitted from around 2000 on the 1.8 F4P and 2.0 F4R engines though they don't have cam shaft sensors?

The smaller 1.4 & 1.6 engines share cylinder heads like do the 1.8 & 2.0 engines all 4 share the same thermostat housings as they are extremely similar in design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.