1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
21,651 Posts
They were indeed deleted (by me) as the thread went seriously off topic and was an attempt to get it back on track.

I've since locked the thread due to your last post in it (didnt want it going OT again). ;)

·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the explanation.

I appreciate the thread had went off topic , however it would have been nice to have been informed as to why the posts had been deleted...maybe a note on the bottom of the thread.

*EDIT*

A note explaining why the posts had been removed would have saved my last post asking why!

Cheers.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,545 Posts
Think it was succinctly put:d

·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last post on there was an explanation...
Not to why the posts had been removed, and that's what I was asking.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
It couldn't really have been any clearer let's be honest..

Dave clearly stated it was going off track and in my eyes tried to put an end to it in a polite way..

·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you're missing the point.

I'm not disputing that Dave's post said the thread was going off topic or indeed wasn't polite.

What I'm talking about is that there was no explanation as to why the posts had been deleted!

Cheers.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,545 Posts
No am really tichk, never been pulled before on diction, well not for 43 years when doing exams, only get a short period of time to answer before it logs me out, so do not really take a great deal of notice of punctuation, never really needed to, :d
The daft thing is when only read once, less than 16% is retained, but read over then the retention is more, so my way of writing maybe forced the point home more, anyway thats my excuse and I`m sticking to it. :d

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
No am really tichk, never been pulled before on diction, well not for 43 years when doing exams, only get a short period of time to answer before it logs me out, so do not really take a great deal of notice of punctuation, never really needed to, :d
The daft thing is when only read once, less than 16% is retained, but read over then the retention is more, so my way of writing maybe forced the point home more, anyway thats my excuse and I`m sticking to it. :d
:yawn:

·
9,434 Posts
If someone hadn't have been so fussy about the English grammar, it wouldn't have gone off topic in the first place :moonie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.