Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife owns a Megane Dynamique (July 03) 1.6 petrol .
We have recently been diagnosed with Dephaser pulley illness. Yes it needs replacing. I have read numerous threads on many forums about this being a very common fault on these cars and even suggestions that renault are replacign up to 5 per week in each garage?!
We have been quoted £600 to rectify. The warranty ran out in July last year and the car has only done 19000, and been regularly serviced at Renault. Customer Services have offered 50% towards the cost, however I have witnessed many people being offered 80% of more when outside warranty.
I am therefore seeking other experiences of this fault/compensation/complaints etc and how far this can be taken - all sugestions welcome. Many thks

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure someone will give advice soon as there have been other posts on similar matters,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Don't be dephased

Yeh I've heard of people actually getting a free replacement but RCS are likely to say they only consider each case on it's own merit. Write a short but sharp letter settiing out your grievances (send it recorded delivery) and stating you have heard tha tother customers appear to be receiving better treatment than you. I still believe in the power of the written word - still tends to work better than email. And remember to keep copies of all documentation. Good Luck:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes I would put it all in writing as Madnoel has said, But you can still send an email first, Follow it up with a letter.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts