Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disassembled the ABS motor today without removing anything but the front broke off flap under the ABS unit.

The cause of DF010 and no working ABS or ESP was the fact that these units are veeeery poorly sealed wich doesn't go n along well with the poor (but probably the only possible) choice of location on the Espace.

On the photos you can see how I did 3threaded holes to match a bracket plate I found which is now holding the cuts together wich I made to make way in from below.

Only 2 screws on the bracket and the 2 holding the motor had to be removed.

Motor off and tested it was obvious that moisture inside causing the oscillating ring on needle bearings to rust so severely so the pile of rust have blocked the motor shaft from turning around.

I cleaned off the rust with an rotating steel brush. Flushed the bearings and cavities with brake cleaner before lubing the bearings with oil, and coating the oscillating ring (that pushes on the plungers when ABS/ESP is activated) And the rubber seal and edge of motor cover with plenty of sticky marine grease to keep moisture out and to keep the aluminium block free from corrosion due to galvanic process between the aluminium and the steel cover and bolts (The same design flaw as on Citroen C5 rear alu brake calipers.. Easily solved with marine grease coating to isolate alu from steel)

Cleaned off the contact pins and scraped, brushed off the corrosion on the aluminium block before assembling it all again..

I removed most of the chunk's of rust from the motor cover and coated it in penetrating rust preventing spray coating.

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos on disassembled motor.

The job took about 3 hours including some research and thinking

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I just noticed I might have posted this on the wrong forum. It's that why the phots doesn't show up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts