Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where this might be pointing. EDC gearbox been 100% reliable until lunchtime today when I reversed out of a parking spot and the dash lit up. Struggled home in limp mode and gearbox in manual mode. Really hard work as it is quite hilly around here. I know what a clutch, torque and error mean but what is likely to be wrong. There are no signs of slipping yet and I am not ready to start stripping down gearboxes for a couple of weeks just to have a look. Damn. Couldn't have happened at a worse time.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cleared the code OK and the car drove fine for 300 yds then happened again. No other faults recorded.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,984 Posts
Cannot find this Martyn, have looked through all info ..

Looks like you need to connect clip, with Dialo**s to get a better understanding

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cannot find this Martyn, have looked through all info ..

Looks like you need to connect clip, with Dialo**s to get a better understanding
Will be trying to find one tomorrow. DF code came from my iCarSoft but I also cannot find any other reference to this anywhere.

Possible it needs a clutch bite point re-calibration? (wear)
While you at it a reprogram?
Something only Renault can do? Clip again?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Didn't you post somewhere about another scanner you now operate too? - can that not do it? (the re-calibration anyway).

I doubt it will be able to do the reprogram though

EDIT: Sorry - wrong memory on scanners being talked about - was @bugsb

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been away for six weeks and left the car with a friendly garage. Seems a 160€ re-program and update sorted it - thanks @LvR
Much better than a gearbox repair which might still not have solved it. Now I have to deal with a new problem - the battery charging voltage has suddenly shot up to 15.2

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
15.2V on the scanner? ................. can you confirm actual battery voltage with a quality meter reaching that number? ......... its imo not OK on a permanent basis (perhaps for a few seconds after engine start in very cold conditions only - battery charge voltage on a lead-acid battery must reduce with tempertaure else you are going to boil that thing dry in no time flat)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
15.2 on my voltmeter, then double checked with another meter. I was alerted via a cheap Amazon plug in meter that I have connected permanently. Yes I know it's not OK. Only picked the car up yesterday and noticed it driving home. Double checked last night and put the battery on charge. Am watching closely. Maybe a regulator issue but how is the control made - by a simple regulator elec circuit or by processing through an ecu somewhere. Bring back Lucas and Delco Remy. Alternator connections "seem" OK. So do battery terminals but will give them another clean later today.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No stop/start (thank heavens) and yes it was OK beforehand. Now here's the thing....
Had to go shopping to restock the fridge and nearest town is about 12km. Digital voltmeter in the cigarette lighter socket reads 15.1v for the first 9km, then started to drop all the way to 13.7 which is now normal for me. Seems to have fixed itself. No idea what happened. Would have put it down to a flat battery but...
  1. I fully recharged it last night, and
  2. even with a flat battery it never charged over 15v before and I have had much flatter batteries in the past
All I can guess is that the car didn't like to be standing for so long, or the re-programming disturbed or reset some parameters that have now restored themselves. Or she is simply throwing a French tantrum (yes the car is a she, a male wouldn't be so hot-blooded and melodramatic).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts