Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a mate's the other night who has recently bought the VAG-COM software for his new Skoda Fabia vRS. The complete kit cost him less than £200 and he can now interrogate his ECU for fault codes, program new immobiliser keys, change settings for power steering assistance, courtesy light delays, the level of EGR, alarm warning beeps and all manner of other things. It's a brilliant tool which will pay for itself the first time the engine management light comes on.

Is anything similar available for Renault?

Cheers
Postie2003

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's the best bit. Came with the software and a USB to OBDII cable, but they also do a COM version.

He ordered it from the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went to a mate's the other night who has recently bought the VAG-COM software for his new Skoda Fabia vRS. The complete kit cost him less than £200 and he can now interrogate his ECU for fault codes, program new immobiliser keys, change settings for power steering assistance, courtesy light delays, the level of EGR, alarm warning beeps and all manner of other things. It's a brilliant tool which will pay for itself the first time the engine management light comes on.

Is anything similar available for Renault?

Cheers
Postie2003
check out this website they have everything you needGendan Automotive Products :: Professional and DIY car diagnostic tools :: EOBD, OBD II, CAN and VAG Code Readers and Scan Tools

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
hi, i know this is nothing to do with this thread but can some one plz tell me how to post a new thread. thankyou, im looking for the renault emergency immobilizer code genorator if any one can help
to post a new topic go the area you wish to post and click the New Topic Button

·
Registered
13 Posts
cheap solution is elm products.
i use on my megane elm 327 usb, and digimoto software or pcm scan.

totaly cost is less than 120 euros, working great

·
Registered
85 Posts
hi, i know this is nothing to do with this thread but can some one plz tell me how to post a new thread. thankyou, im looking for the renault emergency immobilizer code genorator if any one can help
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

totaly cost is less than 120 euros, working great
That's all the info I need.
Thanks, dude.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Can anybody please tell me what protocol my Espace (1997 2.2dT) uses and what software is available for it. Its got the 16 pin connector which is a bit stratnge for a 1997 car. Oh and the software must be cheap if not free!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've just bought a cheap ELM327 USB thing on Ebay and the software that comes with it's, let's say, suboptimal.

To be honest, maybe I'm looking for something that's going to cost loads, but I was hoping to find some software that will tell me things like cabin temperature and all the not-purely-engine related stuff. Does anyone know of any software that can do that through the OBD port, or would I have to pay hundreds of pounds for that.

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
hi john
im afraid your out of luck

the closest is Renualt-CLIP and thats only really a Main Dealership part, at least to get a fully working version that can read the status of the entire CAM-BUS system as it requires rolling coded keys that are generated by head office for reprogramming of the various ECU's.

there are cheap chinese knock off's but they come with outdated software and still cannot independently reprogram (the bits we would all like to get into and play with) as they dont have anyway of bypassing the inherant security of the ECU's

you could well read the cabin stuff, but not make any changes to default factory set options..

it would be nice if cars over 5 years old could be unlocked to allow 3rd party service companys/garages access to full diagnostics on the electrics...
(there is something in the EU regualatory process ongoing about this 'lock in' within the automotive industry and that it comes under anti-competitive practices)

Reactions: jmccabe
1 - 15 of 15 Posts