Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think all diesel owners will suffer from the air in pipes etc etc, so I thought I would have a go at replacing my own.

After a bit of research I found suitable plastic fuel line for diesel fuel lines, Nylon 12. Din 73378 Din 74324.
A helpful guide is here,
(Land Rover - plastic fuel lines and compression fittings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6o-ZvLOQ7o

Tools I used,
DSCF7476.jpg

Next after a bit of Hot-work using the Hot-air and pipe bender,
DSCF7477.jpg

The connectors are made from PA12 nylon (poor light so a little blurred)
DSCF7480.jpg

Early stages yet and opinions are welcome.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't you wish you'd never started something ? :d

Easy enough to cut off the old connectors but fitting them to new pipe is a nightmare, such a really tight fit, I almost gave up after trying boiling water and the heat gun, neither worked.

I had another idea, I have a lathe, so I popped on a piece of round bar 9mm and slowly fed in the nylon tube at 800rpm, the nylon expanded enough for me to force on the connectors (very difficult but I managed it).
DSCF7485.jpg
I'll get out the heatgun and try later shrinking the nylon so I get a gas tight fit.

Still at the experimental stage :cool:

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more pictures,
DSCF7499.jpg

DSCF7495.jpg

DSCF7498.jpg

Maybe feeding the pipe could be done with a drill ? I haven't tried it, don't forget to widen the end of the pipe with something so it feeds on better.

The hardest part is feeding the pipe to connector, but it can be done.

The joint is a nice tight fit and I didn't need to heat it after fitting.

Pressure wise I can't guarantee as I have nothing to pressure test with.

Any Comments welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you wasntme.
i have the exact same predicament.
my plastic lines are black with something.Has everything been good with the car since?
Have you found anything that you could of done differently? cheaper?
I didnt know to look at these at the time of purchase. through some forte injection cleaner in the tank.
did anther in the next tank of fuel. bombing down the motorway and got the "injection failure warning" on the dash!
So i seem to have an injector or HP pump problem too.
A tappet like noises has started since. have you had or heard of similar issues?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts