Independent Renault Forums banner

diesel injectors can they be clean

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mseh 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 1.9 dci scenic. can i take the diesel injectors out and clean them with some thing.Or do i have to send them away to be clean. Or do I just replace them. Have try using redex.

#3 ·
if your problems are caused by clogged injectors then a good injector cleaner added to your fuel tank should be sufficient. If that doesn't work it's unlikely that they are dirty.

Use a good quality one though. I like Millers, it's pricey but it beats the likes of Redex and STP hands down.

#4 ·
the problem I am having is that I am having hesitation around 1800/2200 rpm, have cleaned the erg valve; new fuel filter; and air filter. Doesnt happen all the time mainly only in town driving. It comes and goes, any ideas will be most welcome. The last time I had something like this was on my rover, and I had to have the injectors cleaned properly.

#5 ·
When you cleaned the egr did you push it open and clean the seats and the shaft as far as you could, if not it could still be sticking

#6 ·
Yes gave it a good clean. but notice that the valve had like a little piston ring round it. cars done 105000 miles. like i said it comes and goes. might have a other look at the valve and test the operation on the bench. but could it be some thing else??

#7 ·
If there's any black smoke when it happens I would suspect the EGR if not I would suspect the MAP or MAF sensors, if any of those are not giving the correct readings the ECU wont know how much fuel to deliver if it was injector problems I would expect knocking or a definite miss fire rather than a power loss on all cylinders, but I don't know a lot about your engine so cant point you to were things are.
Have a good look at all the pipe work for the turbo and inter cooler as well as the inter cooler it's self.

#8 ·
agree that a general hesitation is not normal for an injector fault, MAP and MAF sensors are both reasonable suggestions.

Much as I hate paying for diagnostics I would probably have one done before I go too far. You seem to have tried most of the obvious cheap fixes. Make sure the daignostic includes fuel rail pressure as intermittant hesitation around the rev range you suggest, especially whilst accelerating could also be indicative of injection pump problems.

#9 ·
had a look into map & maf sensors. ouch euro parts map £78+vat maf £113+vat . Ebay for maf just under £40, new. no joy on the map. Wife did find some on the net auto-net via ebay £81 inc vat but then the P&P ?? will look at car again and give all parts and pipes a thorough clean. Then go for ebay maf sensor. Manage to get some Millers diesel cleaner from Halfords £13 for 500mls does 10 tanks fulls. Redex 250mls is on offer at Asda £3 but only does 2 tank fulls. So Millers works out cheaper in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.