Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have posted this one before, about a month ago the wife's 1.5 started to smell of derv and it left a patch of oil on the drive, went in to Renault and they replaced a leaking injector pipe, well some 4 weeks later after coming back from Stockport I get home and the outside of the car smells of derv again and the tell tail oil patch on the drive has returned, so I recon that we have another leaking injector pipe has any one had this with their 1.5???
When it came back from Renault last time the car felt rather under-powered from before do you also recon that they have turned down the diesel pressure??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I doubt very much that they have tampered with the diesel pressure.....was any other work carried out at the same time?.Sometimes on newer models,Renault will carry out software updates whilst the car is in the workshop.The updates are done to over come problems that may have been found on other cars of your type.It's also possible that the repair work was sub-standard and something hasn't been fitted back together right causing the problem(may be even the returning leak problem:rolleyes:).

I'm not sure if leaks are common on the 1.5 dCi's,but we do have a few Renault Techs on here that will hopefully offer their experiences.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts