Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Grand Scenic 1.5DCi. Having problems getting the turbo to boost when depressing the accelerator pedal hard. If I raise my foot and then gently depress it, the turbo boosts fine, and stays on boost through the gears. It just won't boost when I really need it to!! The turbo and EGR valve have been replaced. I bought a new air flow meter but that made the situation worse and gave a rough idle, so that could be faulty.

Not getting any ECU codes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Malcolm

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Boost problems are usually leaks in the system. You could have a pin hole leak that will just about hold a low boost pressure but will blow when you give it more throttle. As a starting point spray all vacuum hoses/rubber hoses with a fairy liquid solution and see if there's any bubbling indicative of an air leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but, following more work, the mechanic says that the hosework is all 100%. My thoughts are heading back towards the turbo again (we replaced the airflow meter again). Is it possible that the wastegate could be faulty? It takes very gently pedal pressure to get the car to boost. There are no ECU codes. I do know that the turbo is only a couple of months old and is NOT an OEM item. This was the second turbo fitted, as the first one had an oilway drilling completely missing!

Any more ideas?

Thx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, just reading through the maintenance log (Motability) and it shows a couple of visits to the main dealer with "Accelerator Pedal - Worn". Could the 'fly-by-wire' pedal be the cause of these symptoms?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.