Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I fueled up my tank 3 weeks ago at Tescos in Bellshill to go to the girlfriends in Yorkshire, got 10 miles south on the M74 when I started losing power on the hills, crappy acceleration and rough idling on the road works on the A66, so injecter cleaner added and changed fuel filter, topped up with high grade diesel as soon as there was room. Same on the way back, got home, topped up the with diesel and more cleaner added, changed my fuel filter for 2nd time, again, off to Yorkshire, running a bit smoother but still rough with some power loss, so, upon my return I went to my local Renault dealer for a new MAS sensor as recommended on the renault forums and was quoted £188 for a part available on e-bay for £47 new.
Happened to go ask the young girl on the service desk approx how much for a diagnostic and a re and re for offending injecter. This led to a lot of phone calls and whispered conversations with occasional questions fired at me with narrowed eyes. I was thinking we must be up past the grand mark by now when she hung up and said "Bring it in Monday morning and be prepared to not get it back till Friday", as I was about to blow my stack over this I heard that magic expression of "theres no charge for this" coming from the lips of the refugee from Hollyoaks.
"Is it a common problem then?" I asked, "as theres a lot of 1.9 and 2.0 ltr trafic's on the forums with the exact same problem as me". She just flashed the pearlys and said "0800hrs on Monday then" and off I went slightly bemused and hoping they can repair my stuttering Black Maria.
Dropped off The Black Maria into Parks of Motherwell, its a Renault and Fiat Dealership garage.
Talked to another Hollyoaks refugee and inquired what warranty is covering this, she said "no warranty, its covered under a recall" now I was in last month looking to book a 25000 miles service as per book, not required till 50000 miles it seems, but this guy checked for recalls then and I already had the one and only done already, some sticker had to be updated. So there was no recall for injectors in June and Ive not heard even a whisper of that since then. Will update when I get my bus back.

·
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
732 Posts
I think I have posted on this subject before. It is a recognised issue with the M9R engine and provided you have service history, the injectors are generally replaced FOC through Renault Customer service. It is similar to the system which replaced turbos on 1.9dci's outside of the warranty period. I guess they simply don't want to shout it from the rooftops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts