Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking mini selwonk to Disneyland Resort Paris very soon and are trying to establish the quickest/most economical method of transfers

We're flying into Charles De Gaulle termnal 2 from where there seem to be various options of how to get to Disney. Ideally we would like the quickest transfer possible as mini selwonk will be bursting to get to Disney but this seems to be a private transfer for which its quoted a return trip as £120 :eek: :eek:

We thought maybe a hire car was a possibility but thats quoted £114 for the 4 days :(

We then checked the train but we think this involves changing trains - dragging luggage plus mini selwonk around really is not an attractive option :crazy:

So we're really unsure of what option to take, any advice would be really, really appreicated!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
i not sure but i think they have shuttle buses from the airport,we took my eldest there not long after it first openend,we wern't impressed at the time,but friends have been since and said it has improved a lot.your little one will have a ball,hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
A hire car, whilst not necessarily the cheapest option, gives you the most flexibility & independance.
You can travel when YOU want to and not have to worry about buses,trains etc turning up!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Ideally we would like the quickest transfer possible as mini selwonk will be bursting to get to Disney
Can't you get your daughter to try and keep him calm?:d

As ST says,the flexibility of a hire car would be worth the extra and would save a lot of time and hassle.You might be very lucky and get a Renault,which would be a treat for Wonky after driving that old Rover......sorry....MG.:rolleyes:

Mrs.Lag keeps on about us going,so I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the place.We wouldn't be flying though,as I'm not good on aeroplanes.:eek:.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your thoughts - unfortunately Eurostar was already booked up when we arranged this - it was our first choice for getting there.

Can't you get your daughter to try and keep him calm?:d

I very much doubt it considering she is mad about all things Disney - she's already planning which Princess she wants to meet first!

As ST says,the flexibility of a hire car would be worth the extra and would save a lot of time and hassle.You might be very lucky and get a Renault,which would be a treat for Wonky after driving that old Rover......sorry....MG.:rolleyes:

I think its looking like we'll be opting for the car hire. It still seems pricey but then comparing that to the other option of coping with selwonk losing it in a French train station, I reckon its worth it! . Atleast that way we have the freedom to get out of Disney if mini selwonk can bear it!:rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mrs.Lag keeps on about us going,so I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the place.

Our opinion - Fantastique!!

It is most definately worth a trip, if you love Disney you'll thoroughly enjoy it. We are already planing when we can return! One tip would be to avoid weekends if at all possible - the parks on saturday and sunday were heaving and it was only May :eek:

It is also advisable to take a huge bottle of patience and arm your elbows! We expected it to be busy and knew we would have to queue, what we didn't expect to encounter was the Spanish guests and their blatant queue jumping for everything. We can accept that as a nation they don't really do the queueing thing, but what we found hard to accept is the Spanish Adults pushing in front of our daughter and many other children so that they can get to the characters - bang out of order. :devil: :steam: :crazy:

In terms of the characters, we found the best solution if you want to avoid the scrum is to eat at Cafe Mickey in Disney Village. It is a little bit pricey but its worth every euro - the characters came out 4 at a time and visited every table one by one. Mini selwonk was made up and it was a very chilled environment with plenty of time for photos and interaction.

All that aside, we had a fabulous time and if you have little uns' they'll have a ball. As a taster for Disney with a 4 year old it was perfect. We will probably still take her at some point to the states for the full hit but I have a feeling we'll be returning to Paris first ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A hire car, whilst not necessarily the cheapest option, gives you the most flexibility & independance.
You can travel when YOU want to and not have to worry about buses,trains etc turning up!
Hire car worked out great. No queueing for the bus - just hop in the (admittedly clapped-out) Nissan Note and off we went!

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Glad you enjoyed :)

I spent an absolute fortune there though, everything is so expensive. Honestly, its cheaper to fly to Florida ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly, its cheaper to fly to Florida ;)

You're probably right but the concept of a 9 hour flight for the first visit with a Disney fan was not appealling! ;) Now that mini selwonk has been I think she would accept the travelling time - not entirely certain about the parents though :(

I am not a particularly good flyer and as you know selwonk is somewhat tall so between us we are not the best for long haul. We did Florida for our honeymoon and the flights were the killers for us both, although I can't deny it was worth it! For the present Paris seems a much more suitable alternative! :)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Glad you had a good time, if anyone wants to go to Florida my boss has a place there they rent out.

iwantaholidayinflorida.com :) 10 mins from Disney.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts