Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck in having a go themselves?

From what I can see I would need to use a Galletto 1260 (130 dci laguna) as something like a kwp2000+ wont work with the ecu.Is this right?

I understand there can be some major problems if it goes wrong.

would my ecu be a edc16 c3, or how can I find out?

Any help on what to use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this going to be another non input thread?:d

Everyone looking for the answer.

Surely someone has tried o flash their ecu?!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think you're on your own.

Either that or eveyone else who tried previously died of a heart attack when they were told how much the bill was going to be to fix their car afterwards.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:d

So it would seem!

Reading /flashing the ecu allows you to remove stuff ie files relating to the fap so you can physically remove it, or modify the ecu with an improved map to help with HP,MPG etc.

ie remapping, but on a diy basis.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
you need to read the ecu software to see which one you have , as it may already have been reprogrammed in warranty at renault.
as you already its vital to know the correct version for your remap/reflash .
its quite staright forward operation , but i would recommend having your car battery on a slow charge while doing it as is this takes time and your battery voltage drops , you may ruin the ecu .
good luck with it though , and please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have got the Kwp2000+ which I used to flash my trafic 1.9 dci. I did use the files that came with the unit, but I would not recommend it. I had strange noises and extra smoke, you just don't know who wrote the file, I have recently done a postal remap, you copy your ecu file, send it to the company then they have the right file to modify. Once they have don the remap they send it back via email and you upload it to you car / van.
It has made a major difference to my van and if you not happy with the file you can ask for further modifications to be made then its emailed back to you.
It only takes 3.5 minuets to up / download the file to the ecu as its only half a meg in size.
Hope this help.:d
Tony

·
Registered
55 Posts
It does list Laguna 1.9dci Bosch EDC15C2, I have had mine for a couple of years so it would be worth checking comparability with the seller if your thinking of buying one.
Tony

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought the ecu on mine was an edc16c3.Hence the need for the galletto rather than the kwp2000+

How can I confirm which it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK found out mine is the edc16c3(thanks to my new can clip! :D)

Will post again any updated info when I get one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi there

sorry i have only just seen this tread and the galletto does work on my 03 laguna but this is a edc15 the galletto will only pull off the contence of the ecu and write back any modifcation from this will have to be done in expert hands and take NO responsibily for any mistakes

sorry for the spelling and this all i can say so far i need to sort my turbo before i remap the car
thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah forgot about this myself!

I did buy one and it does read from the ecu but I havent modified anything or tried to write to the ecu yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry to maybe start this tread again i have a tuned map file now so will be testing tonight when i get home and ill let u know my results to maybe help with ur original question

·
Registered
15 Posts
right i have sucessfully flashed the laguna with the cloned galletto 1260 and it is well worth doing IMO
i used the galletto and the program that came with it all went through perfect no a hitch

**this is my opinion not sure if it is this easy with everyone else and not saying will work with everyone else **

·
Registered
21 Posts
I re-mapped my Triumph Motorbike from an after market exhaust back to a standard exhaust worked a treat.
I was looking at connecting my scenic ECU but requires software to diagnose the miss-firing most likely one of the coils but the diagnostics would have told me which coil. It's in the garage now as I need it done quick. Would be usefull if I could diagnose any future problems though. Anyone tried any software ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts