Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm new here but like so many have a megane (98 1.9 dti) immobiliser problem.
I've a body leak and recent storms have filled the driver seat well with water.Any way this has led to not being able to disarm the immobiliser.
I'm going to access the under dash/steering console wireing and check all connectors and treat them to wd40.
This solved a problem with the throttle not working,it was the connector.
While I'm at it I'm going to check if it's possible to keep the immobiliser disarmed.By turning the ignition key to remove, the immobiliser arms, so it's just a matter of finding what connector needs 12v to keep it disarmed.
I'd lose central locking but a small price to pay.
Hope this makes sense but I can't find any info on what the immobiliser does.Does it just swith off the fuel pump?
stan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ta

Thanks for the greetings.The key is oval and I've tested it with an IR home made tester.
Some where,under the rainbow and probably somewhere in my megane the IR detector,which I've checked,not as far as putting a logic probe or scope on it but seeing it's clean and dry,is connected to the immobiliser, which is supposed to be behind or part of the fuse box.Must check that first.
I would imagine the wiring from the IR would go down the right side of the windscreen,which is wet,hence prob.
I wonder how hard it is to get to the wiring.
stan

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I was under the impression that the oval keys have a chip in them.This activates the immobiliser and not the key blip like on the earlier models(rectangle key).I could be wrong though.......take the key apart and see if there is a chip in it before you go too far.The chip sends a message to the aerial around the ignition barrel to switch of the immobiliser.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts