Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this whilst surfing on ebay and wonder if they are a complete load of rubbiszh or not?

Turbo Mag. Fuel Ionisers

They explain it as follows

Basically untreated fuel tends to clump together due to the attraction of molecules, so when the cylinder burns the fuel it is inefficient. This effect will cause your engine to not use the fuel as it could, i.e. decrease in performance, lower mileage and often carbon build up.
How the turbomag solves the above problem:

Turbomags powerful magnets allows these clumps of fuel molecules to be charged with a single polarity, this means the molecules repel of each other which results in the fuel dispersing more efficiently allowing a "complete" combustion. This in turn results into a better fuel consumption, extra power and a lot less carbon build up! See diagram:

You can see tham at this link. Someone tried them? do they work, any difference etc?

eBay.co.uk: FUEL SAVER FOR RENAULT CLIO MEGANE LAGUNA 172 5 + (item 120132182725 end time 24-Jun-07 15:06:28 BST)

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it worked, wouldn't you think it would've been installed already in all stock fuellines in all vehicles?
I think it's definitely a scam.
Still I am wondering about the air ionizers. Does anyone have one of those or similar to share experience?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after reading about 10 articles in the last 10 mins, the fuel magnets are a complete load of cobblers, to an alarming degree..

Crapolishus.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
If it worked, wouldn't you think it would've been installed already in all stock fuellines in all vehicles?
I think it's definitely a scam.
Still I am wondering about the air ionizers. Does anyone have one of those or similar to share experience?
Air Ionisers seem to work very well, I have a couple placed about the house and the amount of particles they attract round them is testimony to what they remove from the room . The room feels fresher with them on as if they are of for a period of time you certainly feel a difference .

Not sure if the health gains are what they project them to be but certainly air in the room does feel better.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you, Otto.
I've been mulling over buying one for quite some time now, so I guess it's time to see this for myself, and get me one of those.
My dentist has couple of such contraptions and indeed, the air feels fresher, although she says if you have air conditioner you don't need much a separate device because the effect of an ionizer is delivered by AC as well.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I didn't realize that fuel was magnetic, I realise that certain metals are magnetic, does this mean there are bits of metal in fuel? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one from Lloyds chemist chain for £8.The air feels fresher.If you get an ioniser without a fan,put it in a large glass jar ,blow smoke into the jar and turn the ioniser on and the smoke disappears.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Thank you, Otto.
I've been mulling over buying one for quite some time now, so I guess it's time to see this for myself, and get me one of those.
My dentist has couple of such contraptions and indeed, the air feels fresher, although she says if you have air conditioner you don't need much a separate device because the effect of an ionizer is delivered by AC as well.

Yes Danielx aircon does the same job, I was looking at one today a desktop tower fan with a built in ioniser for under £16 in CostCo.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts