Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I own a lag 2 V6 and i tow a caravan ... as the rear suspension is rather soft for nose weight of my van, i was going to use spring assissters until i enquired and found a place which will supply progressive rear springs .. these are springs which replace your old ones and they keep the stiffeness as the originals , but when you start to load the car they come into their own . they will stiffen as the load increases. Great idea for caravan , trailer , etc. Site is as follows ...

MAD Suspension Systems - 01908 220308

It costs £169.00 for a pair for my car , but i think its well worth the money.

Cheers .... chakota :) :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i do not suffer from this problem and most cars should not because the nose weight should not exceed 85kg at the heaviest but i do relies that some springs do go soft if you where keeping the car for a good few years and the springs where soft i think it would pay good find its that time of the year again my vans going in for its service next week not as it will need much probely nothing what do you tow or do you not

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi i do not suffer from this problem and most cars should not because the nose weight should not exceed 85kg at the heaviest but i do relies that some springs do go soft if you where keeping the car for a good few years and the springs where soft i think it would pay good find its that time of the year again my vans going in for its service next week not as it will need much probely nothing what do you tow or do you not
Renault laguna has been noted for its soft rear suspension .. feedback comes from caravan forums , so its not just me.

My nose weight was st 83 kg and the caravan a**e was still in the air

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Renault laguna has been noted for its soft rear suspension .. feedback comes from caravan forums , so its not just me.
Oh dear i thought it might be to much nose weight and full boot and all the seats being filled my C180 Merc sat with its bum down with just the van on:crazy:i had to use the spring coils but it was a very hard and unpleasant ride and it played with the cars dynamics if you know what i mean on cornering a little

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi chakota, I've used these before (mine were a different make though and it was on a Volvo 245GL), not for towing but for heavy loads and I thought they were brilliant, did what they said on the tin.

Hope it helps:)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh dear i thought it might be to much nose weight and full boot and all the seats being filled my C180 Merc sat with its bum down with just the van on:crazy:i had to use the spring coils but it was a very hard and unpleasant ride and it played with the cars dynamics if you know what i mean on cornering a little
Hi Donald ,

Being a caravanner yourself , you cannot risk going to much over the limits , dont fancy seeing the van and car strewn across the motorway :mad: :mad: ... Are you off on your summer hols in her this year , we are down in cornwall for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Donald ,

Being a caravanner yourself , you cannot risk going to much over the limits , dont fancy seeing the van and car strewn across the motorway :mad: :mad: ... Are you off on your summer hols in her this year , we are down in cornwall for two weeks.
We try and go away once or twice and month on the Friday and Saturday but take a weekin the summer still undecided for the summer holidays i will see how the pennys are first:( I was saying ti Lagdti i would love to get down to Devon and Cornwall well we will have to see

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We try and go away once or twice and month on the Friday and Saturday but take a weekin the summer still undecided for the summer holidays i will see how the pennys are first:( I was saying ti Lagdti i would love to get down to Devon and Cornwall well we will have to see
I live in milton keynes .. so its pretty central for england. We left it too late for easter , every where fully booked , but we are booked for both may bank holidays and another 5 days in july , then cornwall , getting married end of sep. booked for the new forest for a week.
I assume you live in scotland ... i am glaswegian ... moved here in 1972 because could not find any work. :eek:

Hope you get down there ... lovely area .

cheers mate .... chakota ;)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I live in milton keynes .. so its pretty central for england. We left it too late for easter , every where fully booked , but we are booked for both may bank holidays and another 5 days in july , then cornwall , getting married end of sep. booked for the new forest for a week.
I assume you live in scotland ... i am glaswegian ... moved here in 1972 because could not find any work. :eek:

Hope you get down there ... lovely area .

cheers mate .... chakota ;)
Congratulations and i hope you both have a great day when it comes i got married in 1991 in Belfast i was in the 1st Bn Black Watch RHR serving in Ballykinler and my wife is From Lisburn Co/Antrim we lived there till 2001 then i wanted to come home to Dunfermline so we did and been her since cheers Donald

1 - 9 of 9 Posts