Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to all of this, I have a 91 Laguna 1.6 expression and am having trouble with my rear wiper when I insert the card into the card reader the rear wiper sweeps a couple of times then stops, on other occasions when I press the brake pedal the rear fog lamp illuminates on the dashbord and the rear wiper crawls slowly across the rear screen and on other occasions everything works with no problems can anyone help me with this intermittent fault please

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds as if you may have a short in the system. I would pop the rear light clusters out and inspect the contacts as a starting point. Look for water, signs of corrosion (green or powdery build up on contact strips) etc. If present then clean with emery cloth / water repellent / electrical contact spray and try again.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Good advice chris.
That would be my first port of call as well. Definately sounds like a poor/intermittant connection. Check the earth is properly grounded as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks for all the advice but sadly this has not cured the probem I have been informed that maybe it could be the card reader as all of the rear wiper and lights etc... are connected thoro this ....... comments welcome !!!!!!!!!! help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
again today i have inserted the dammed card and the rear wiper does its traditional dance across the windscreen , alas i have pressed the brake pedal and the rear fog lamps illuminate and the rear wiper creeps slowly across the rear screen .........please someone out there give me some help ..plz plz plz

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hopefully a Renault Tech will see this and help,but it sounds like a problem with the UCH unit.

I'm no Laguna 2 expert though,so I would wait for their comments first!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts