Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a clio 2 x65 model Jan?2001 x reg . i wonder if the clip software supports older car like mine and if so what is/are the parameters i should check to see if my car runs lean or rich? any help will be much appreciated ! thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,741 Posts
Yes,, For diagnosing

Not a clue on what you need to, or where on Clip you will find the info ..
As Clip works different for each model, and cannot remember..

Connect scan, and go from there..
JUST DONT , again DONT clear any Faults with it..

Write them down, or install a PDF creator and save the codes..

ONCE you have got the codes saved, CHECK that the codes are saved..
THEN clear NOT before, its to late after, YOU WILL not remember the codes..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi thanks for your response . the problem started 1.5 yrs ago with slight shake(vibration) felt in the cabin at IDLE when in move or rev i dont feel it . 2 days ago the vibration became stronger and with ddt2000 i saw misfire in cyl n1. i was hoping to see if ddt2000 can tell me if the air/fuel mixer is lean or rich so i might get a bit of guidence.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
X65 II ......... petrol? ........ 1.4 or 1.6 ...........engine code?

No individual cylinder O2 or thermocouple sensor present so running rich or lean determination per cylinder from that is not on .......... LTFT and STFT behavior will tell you overall combustion quality reaching the exhaust - what is it?......can you post a log of values of a typical trip from engine cold to hot

If you do as Ours2012 said and still cannot come up with a fault code, clean/replace crank sensor and if that doesn't work do a compression test - if still no indication as to source of miseries swap cylinder 1 and 4's plugs first and then injectors ............ see if the misfire moves with the swap

Condition plugs and coil/s?

Just note mixture either rich or lean does not necessarily point to the reported misfiring cylinder as being the culprit and/or the cause

1 - 5 of 5 Posts