Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does left and right hand drive scenics share engines and gearbox?

For some reason spare cars, engines and transmissions are insane expensive in Denmark, so easily worth importing!

Regards

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I would reckon that major components should be interchangeable (provided the engine was offered in both LHD & RHD markets). Where differences normally occur is in the suspension & steering side of things.

In the UK, we quite often miss out on certain engine/drivetrain combinations purely because they have such limited appeal, that the cost of re-engineering/tooling & storage of parts isn't worthwhile.

As an example, I know that merc did an e-class 420CDi with 4-matic all wheel drive, which I would've considered, but because 'we' had a spell of milder winters, it was deemed the 320CDi with all the traction & stability control aids were enough for this market.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would reckon that major components should be interchangeable (provided the engine was offered in both LHD & RHD markets). Where differences normally occur is in the suspension & steering side of things.

Paul
Thanks!

It's a 1.9 dci!

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Same 100% as my friend is importing crashed cars from uk to Bulgaria and sells bits. Engine and box are the same. most of the difference comes from steering rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts