Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i bet iam all bugging you all and not a renault question in sight.:d

ive found memory ram thingy on ebay because my pc did have 256mb ram but only got 224 now Dont ask long story i think my dimm slotts have 92 teeth and i have two slots if not there184 not sure but i will check the ad on ebay says compatable with DDR what the f*** is that dos my pc have or need it??????help help

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Donald

It is not unkown for some video cards to use some of the ram for memory,could be where your 32meg has gone.

As for increasing the ram look at your motherboard see if it has a spare slot,while your there have a look at your original ram
it will have a label saying the type.

SDR-- Single Data Ram
DDR-- Double Data Ram

I think :)

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice this is all to much for ma heed:crazy: its worse than a hang over thanks again:)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
If in doubt do a search for ram for your computer. If it is a brand name you will find what it is okay.
If it a generic model. Sorry go with the other advice Glenda has given and hope it says the type.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi Donald, there is a very good free utility called Belarc Advisor which will give you details of your installed memory and almost every other item on your motherboard, it will also list all updates you have and all programmes you have installed. Very usefull if you have to re-install Windows.
Regards Leroy
Just type in Belarc Advisor in Google or other search engine and download the free version

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Hi Donald use this link : Memory upgrades, graphics cards, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com
select uk store not US then use memory upgrade advisor. It will download a small tool to your PC which IE will block and ask if you want to allow. Click yes and install tool on the prompt. Memory advisor will run and you will get a list of available memory slots amount and type of memory installed and recommended upgrade with cost. Just done this for my mother in law, we ordered from crucial and recieved within 3 days.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Careful now! Not all DDRs are compatible with any particular motherboard. They are identified by a PC# (e.g. PC2700) and also by ECC or non-ECC (denoted error correction features); so don't buy a pig in a poke.

Use Belarc (as suggested above) or AIDA32 to find out what you need. They will tell you what your motherboard is and you can then find out what memory is compatible.

Does this LG have a model number? If so, post it and someone will look it up for you.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi thanks no your right i had quick look its not on the sides or front and back must be on the bottem of the pc when i get the No i will post it thanks

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Hi thanks no your right i had quick look its not on the sides or front and back must be on the bottem of the pc when i get the No i will post it thanks
Try hitting the pause button when switching it on. There will be lots of info come up on the initial black screen and all you have to do is hit the pause button at the right moment.

Failing that, Belarc and AIDA32 will tell you what make and model you have and also the identity of your motherboard etc.

A

·
0 Posts
There's two easy ways of checking what ram is fitted

When you just turn on your computer it will list the ram and
all devices and what slots their in, be ready to press the
pause/break key to the top right of your keyboard

SECOND IS TO DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM

CALLED PC WIZARD 2006 “ITS FREE”

Freeware Files.com - Download

GO TO TOP LEFTHAND SIDE IN THE HARDWARE SECTION
CLICK ON THE ICON THAT LOOKS LIKE A COMPUTER CASE
THEN CLICK ON PHYSICAL MEMORY IT WILL TELL YOU
ALL THE INFO INCLUDING DDR INFO i.e DDR-SDRAM PC-3200 (200 MHz) - [DDR-400]

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for all for your help this should rename to PC Forum magic cheers:) :d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts