Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if Redex does actually what it says on the tin and improve engine performance etc. If so which one should I buy?
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The jury still seems to be out on this one - some manufacturers say no but my local renault dealer is selling a brand they recommend - depends if your car is still under warranty though. Additives are highly unlikely to boost the performance of an engine and at best will only bring it back to what it should be although many people see it as preventative maintenace for the fuel system.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi as madnoal has already said?????i use Radex once a month just tip it in to tank when filling up with fuel £20 or more, at the cost £0.99p its not a great lose i have to say i notice no difference with performance but then again i buy it for its cleaning quality so it up to you my friend Donald.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there , have used the Petrol Injector cleaner a couple of times and it did the trick on my car, no experience of their other products though,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
12 Posts
What do you mean did the trick - where you experiencing problems with your car? - I am and jsut wondered whetehr this might be a solution?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, sorry for the delay. My car had a slight spluttering fit when accelerating similar to the effect you used to get with damp electrics on older cars and it turned out that one of the injectors was partly blocked, my regular MOT guy spotted the fault and told me to try fuel injector cleaner (for petrol engines) and this cleared the problem. The strange thing was the Injector warning light never flashed up while the fault was there.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
hi,
my dad used to use redex in his car(petrol). there was a slight difference in performance but not anything to write home about, probably just back to the performance it was meant to have

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If you believe in it,it works!

I'm not a believer.........:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts