Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have found some alloys , they are four stud and renaut but i am wondering can a laguna take 17'inch wheels, this may be a silly question but i cannot find official reault 17's anywhere. Do they even make them, its the six spoke design i am after.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi joker, I may be wrong but I think the Renault 6 spoke alloys were only available up to 16'', there are a lot of aftermarket 17's available for Lag I, however, you would need to fit lower profile tyres.
Regards leroy

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
As Leroy said, the Lag ( Mk1, I take it you're on about ) will take 17's no probs. I've got a few mates who've even had 18's on with no probs ;)
Some have reported rear tyre rubbing issues if the car is lowered, but it can be cured by fitting 215 profile tyres rather than 225's or rolling the rear arches or - the strange option - fitting rear wheels with the Vauxhall offset rather than the Renault standard :crazy: It does work honest ;)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,the offset it critical.

As said,17's will fit on the Lag 1's with no problems,but you must make sure that the offset of the wheel is correct and the width/tyre size is right.:)

No Lag 1 had 17's as standard,only 16's on the Lag 1 phase 2(98 onwards)Sport-spec cars.Some Lag 2's have 17's,but they are five stud fitment.They do fit straight on to the Lag 1,but you need 5 stud hubs,which on your car you won't have.I think I'm right in saying that the Lag 1 v6 and Rti (2 litre 16 valve)are the only ones with 5 stud hubs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts