Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Our dog has eaten through the 2 middle seat belts in our Grand Scenic. We've managed to get replacements from a scrappers, same model car, year and type. We've got the old ones out and put the new ones in but now it's showing the airbag light on the dashboard! Not sure if we need to reset it, or whether it has something to do with the yellow clip from the wiring loom was accidently flicked out and fell down a part of the interior we can't get it back from that has something to do it the airbag fault. Could someone advise please as our car is due an MOT at the end of the month and so it needs dealing with.

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Hi were the seat belts from an non accident damaged car?.If the donor car was involved in an accident and the seat belts were fastened,the pre tensioners in the seat belts will have operated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that's one thing I didn't check :eek: how stupid of me! I'll check tomorrow as I can send them back. I wasn't too sure if the yellow clip thing would cause this problem as it might activate a censor of some type but I will check anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
The yellow clip locks the connector in place,so it could be an issue.I would reconnect your old seat belt and see if the warning light goes off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts