Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI -have been driven to this forum due to constant 'fuel injection system faulty' scenario - engine cuts out etc.

I drive a laguna initial 02 plate.

Problem occured in the first month after i bought the car - following list of work been done.

april/04 - replaced injection computer
sept/04 - reprogramming of injection system
march/05 TDt sensor replaced
nov/06 stored fault on MPS was deleted
april/07 manifold pressure sensor replaced
april/07 2 days after car was returned warning light again - now car in garage they tell me its needs the fuel pressure regulator replacing.

Don't get me wrong they are polite at the garage but it seriously feels like they are TAKING THE ****!!!

If i were a medic - i'd say there was an underlying problem 'cancer' elsewhere causing these 'secondary symptoms'

PLEEEEASEE can anyone help or advise

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Which engine is it? The reasons behind the 'fuel injection fault' vary, especially between the petrol and diesel engines.

If it's the 2.0 IDE petrol engine, then I know exactly where you're coming from. My previous 2.0 IDE did this on and off from new, and the dealer only finally sorted it (at least I think they did) about 80,000 miles later and a matter of weeks before I got rid of the car :(

These things have a habit of failing to store fault codes, so sometimes the dealer is working in the dark. That's true of many cars though, and I had similar problems with the ECU warning light on a Vauxhall Astra I had years ago - the light used to flash on and off like a Christmas tree, but the dealer could never find a code stored.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Thanks for responding.

It's a petrol engine.

How did yours get fixed in the end?
Mine had been showing an intermittent fault on one of the injectors for a while. They told me that it wasn't policy to do any replacement work unless the fault showed up on test, but I was so persistent in taking the thing back that they eventually replaced the injector based on the stored fault code, even though it was working fine on the day.

Then they gave me the car back with fuel spraying all over the engine and the engine cover trim missing, so I can't really claim to be that grateful. Especially when I had to get the car towed back to the garage, because the stench of fuel was that bad that I didn't feel safe to drive it.

If it's the 2.0 IDE, then the injection on these looks to be a bit of a pig to work on (any proper techies might be able to confirm.) The injectors are tucked away under the intake manifold, which looks like it has to be removed to gain access. I'm not surprised they'd rather fob people off than do the work :crazy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my paperwork doesn't say IDE so presumably it's not. :confused:

i've now called renault UK and they are going to ask the garage to carry out more 'detailed' checks.

I just get the impression the mechanics don't really know much about the renault cars. Their attirude seems to be let the diagnostic machine do the checks and don't bother thinking about the car and its mechanisms any further. What's the point in having so called 'trained' mechanics i could carry out a test via a computer and read off the report without any knowlegde of cars whatsoever!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts