Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic 2012. When we go to the car and open the driver car door the alarm goes off. It’s inconsistent but makes us unsure if car is left unlocked and unsecured.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
When did the issue start? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnecting, in order to reset the ECU? Could rule out a software issue at the very least. Before doing this, have your radio code to hand!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When did the issue start? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnecting, in order to reset the ECU? Could rule out a software issue at the very least. Before doing this, have your radio code to hand!
Thanks for that I’ll give that a try. So far I’ve referred to my user manual on the section for locking unlocking. It became apparent that after checking the driver door. It wasn’t locking at all and every time I went to open it when the other doors were closed. It would open and the alarm goes of. I’ve adjusted the screw just by the lock, driver side and at least I can now lock the doors all round.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Open the driver door and press the lock button on your key. Do you hear a short buzzing noise from the door actuator, or 2 strong clicking noises? I'm wondering if the actuator has failed, causing the door to not lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts