Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today they changed the ABS unit in my 2010 Renault Fluence (regular engine). They put in a second hand unit. After getting my Fluence back I noticed that my dashboard showed 283.640km instead of the 134.577 when I gave them the car. Is this normal? If I would have entered a brand new ABS unit it would have shown 0km? What can be done to get my original km on the dashboard? I somehow have the feeling they did something with the electronics because the clock was on zero and blinking and all this though the ABS unit has nothing to do with the electronics and there is no reason to to take off the battery.

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
No it's not Normal.
Yes they should disconnect battery.
However, summat smells.
Mileage is stored in Speedo & UCH
IMHO They've bu66ered about with either or both.
Or bogged it up with theire diagnostics.
Take it back & complain soonest.
Original mileage should have been recorded on paperwork when booking in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original mileage was recorded. They made a mistake first time they changed the ABS unit and put a diesel unit. The problem with a diesel unit in a regular engine that it searches the hill start sensor and can't find it. Today they promised to change it for the correct ABS unit. Is it possible that they changed the speedometer unit and neutralised the fault indicator in the new unit? The strange thing is that only the mileage and the yearly service indicator have changed and not the average fuel use etc which I think comes from the central computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts