Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

The other day my Megane II's "service" light came on, as well the toxic fumes sensor or whatever it is.

I took the car to the garage and the diagnostic machines threw up this:

They said it's nothing serious, and it's booked in to be fixed, which leaves me wondering, what exactly is the downstream oxygen sensor?

Keep it simple, please! :p

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
It is the sensor which measures the oxygen concentration after the exhaust gases have been through the cat. The signal is compared with that from the sensor in front of the cat (upstream) to check that the cat is effective.
Either the sensor is defective or a wire in the circuit is broken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The garage fixed this for me yesterday but this morning the engine (or toxic fume) light was on again...

So I've been back to the garage and car has thrown out the exact same error code, less than 24 hours after the 'fixed' it...

They're going to look at it next week but how strange... :/

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
What the fault code df 083 was saying oxygen sensor heating circuit. New oxygen sensor was not required. Most likely cause of defect loss of 12v feed to heating element within sensor Hth Regards Mickeybo

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,085 Posts
if you have 12 volts at the wire for the heating element part of the sensor, new sensor required

·
41,085 Posts
Multimeter

·
41,085 Posts
Be truthful with you, Never come across a faulty wire on a lambda , unless someone has fitted an aftermarket and joined the wires with the heat shrink connectors, and not actually heated the shrink part up to seal damp out ,, as both ends lots of free play in the loom ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts