Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I got Renoult Megane estate 1.5 dci done over 100k since yesterday I got warning light check anti pollution and engine failure hazard took it to my local garage this morning and here's the fault codes my mechanic thinks it could be DPF problem can anyone help please don't want to take it to Renault as I know they will make a big bill does anyone know anyone locally who does dpf cleaning in Midlands or how about removing it all together will that be a problem thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
DPF removal will be an instant fail on the new MOT.

If you fill in your garage details, we may be able to come up with a cheap(ish) replacement for it.

Search for DPF clean midlands, loads of results there.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
what sort of driving do you do ?

i ask as the DPF likes to get hot and driven over 2K for a reasonable distance to get the excess carbon out of it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly it's local driving but now and again goes for long run but 80% around town driving really don't know what to do some one telling me it's dpf problem someone telling me it might be censor

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Have the rubber pipe between the two sensors on the dpf checked for splits or perished first.Common problem it is. Had it on my lag 3 a while ago.Worth a look.:wink2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,155 Posts
Ok looking at that,

Would be saying get down and check the rubber pipes off the DPF,,

The interface you or whoever has used will Do a regen. ( Its a Delphi )
BUT the first fault is the pipes/ or the pipes to the sensor..

You need to cure this fault first, before moving onto the other faults,
Thermoplungers, its new parts, Fitted into the water system..
Fuel Temp sensor, could well be through the thermoplungers, but could ( would say it is ) a red herring

Rail pressure, chances are switched off because of the first fault..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much guys for your help got it fixed this afternoon it was the little rubber pipe on top it was spilt making noise when I put my foot down my mechanic replaced it with normal pipe and boom all warning lights gone and it's all fixed my mechanic told me to get a new one so he can replace it with actual part so does anyone know the part number for that little pipe I'm attaching a photo with please have a look I cant seem to find it on eBay. Thanks everyone again small problem gave me a big headache lol

Attachments

·
38,155 Posts
You wont find it, its A genuine part only..
Get back to your mechanic, and ask him to check soot/ash content..
DO NOT leave this, as you could find if this pipe has been going for a few weeks, your car will not do a regen when driving..If the content is too high ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It only happened yesterday and it's fixed today plus how do you check for soot and will I not able to buy the part from Renault dealer

·
38,155 Posts
You just ask your mechanic to do a check on the DPF content.
That pipe will be available from Renault, but might have to buy the sensor As pipe is usually with the sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts