Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.
Having fixed my low battery, PAS pump, crank and idle pulley, expansion tank and changed my front suspension I now have another problem.

My Laguna 2005 1.9dci has now lost some power, noticeable when going uphill but also putting foot down on the flat.
When I set off it revs ok but is a bit sluggish for speed, it will happily cruise at 70mph on M3, return 55 odd mpg, but if i were to put my foot down in 3rd, 4th 5th 6th I get a very slow response the lower gear I change down too. In 5th and 6th the acceleration is very very slow.

I did have the problem around the same time of my EGR thread, car was sluggish on motorway, came off M25 40 miles later, onto roundabout and whoosh turbo kicked in and all***8217;s well,
I can***8217;t remember if this was before or after the new EGR?
Anyway, I cleaned the original EGR valve, once reinstalled it had great pick up, acceleration was great and the turbo was great, however that did not cure my hesitation so I replaced it for a new Haas EGR and I remember it was not as good after that change but seems to be a lot worse.
Im going to reinstall the old EGR tomorrow to see if the turbo comes back to life but failing that can anyone give some areas to look at, such as pipes, actuator, sensors etc.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,130 Posts
Phil, is yours a Variable turbo, vacuum actuator faces vertical,the Part fitted onto the Turbo, with the small black vacuum pipe connected to it ???

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phil, is yours a Variable turbo, vacuum actuator faces vertical,the Part fitted onto the Turbo, with the small black vacuum pipe connected to it ???
Hi Ours.
Im pretty sure it is yes.
Just been to see my parents, a 130 mile round trip, and the car from a standing start actually does rev up to 2-3k revs quite nicely, and will accelerate WHEN revs are around that 2.5k range. When im cruising along for example in 4 - 6th gear and accelerate its just very very slow to pick up. I use cruise control a lot on the A303, M4 & M3and noticed that if im going up hill the car struggles to compensate the extra power required to keep it at the set speed, sometimes the speed declines even though cruise is on.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,130 Posts
Follow the actuator down, ..

where it connects to the turbo. Start the car,
Now ( Careful here ) Pull the hose off the actuator, you will see the rod drop.
Keep putting the vacuum hose off and on,.
.Once off , push down on the actuator arm. and once on, pull up on the actuator arm
Sounds like the VG is slightly sticking.
Usually If it sticks slightly in the Up position, then you get an over boost fault,
If sticking at the lower end, an under boost issue..
With it standing, would go on an overboosting fault.

DONT get tempted to undo the 3---- 8mm bolts holding the actuator in place, and using the unit to move the internals (VG) as the actuator is set, and a nightmare to set up on the car

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow the actuator down, ..

where it connects to the turbo. Start the car,
Now ( Careful here ) Pull the hose off the actuator, you will see the rod drop.
Keep putting the vacuum hose off and on,.
.Once off , push down on the actuator arm. and once on, pull up on the actuator arm
Sounds like the VG is slightly sticking.
Usually If it sticks slightly in the Up position, then you get an over boost fault,
If sticking at the lower end, an under boost issue..
With it standing, would go on an overboosting fault.

DONT get tempted to undo the 3---- 8mm bolts holding the actuator in place, and using the unit to move the internals (VG) as the actuator is set, and a nightmare to set up on the car
Ok
Ill have a look in the morning and let you know what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts