Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of removing the gear box to enable me to change the clutch, after the thrust bearing is no more. Have split the gearbox from engine and removed the passenger side drive shaft but can't completely remove the gearbox to access the clutch. I believe this maybe due to the drivers side drive shaft but have no idea how to remove it. Any ideas how to remove it or is there some else I have missed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
After a quick read I think this is the way to do it

Remove the driveshaft nut

There's 2 mounting bolts on the gearbox end of the driveshaft by the gator remove these

Seperate the track rod end ball joint

Seperate the lower suspension ball joint and push the suspension arm down until the driveshaft can be removed

I Tthink thats about it - Good Luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi there is a sliding cover on the drivers drive shaft . it is where the drive shaft connects to the gearbox pull this towards the drivers wheel the drive shaft should come off only do this by hand do not damage it ..this also allows access to the starter motor.when i done mine the gearbox seamed to jam after about 1/2 inch i used a jimmy bar to seperate it from the engine.. (tip try not to damage the bottom ball joints this are press fit and can only be replaced 1 time) there was no need to remove the driveshaft nuts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts